- Administrative Bureau
- About the Administrative Bureau
- Administrative Division
- Administrative Services Division
- About the Administrative Services Division
- Field Services
- Records Section
- Bail Agent Registration
- Business License
- CARFAX Accident Reports
- Case Requests
- Concealed Weapons Permits (CCW)
- Convicted Persons Registrations
- Criminal History Requests
- Embassy Letters
- Sex Offender/Crimes Against Children Registration
- Law Enforcement Officer Safety Act (LEOSA) - For Law Enforcement Personnel Only
- Marijuana Registration Card
- Photo Requests
- Service Charge Schedule
- Work Permits
- Community Engagement
- Forensic Sciences Division
- Detention Bureau
- About the Detention Bureau
- Detention Operations Division
- Detention Services Division
- Operations Bureau
- About the Operations Bureau
- Patrol Division
- Special Operations Division
- Washoe County Sheriff's Office
Congested Area/Firearms Discharge Map(s)
Main Phone: (775) 328-3350
Restrictions on the Discharge of Firearms
The boundaries depicted on these maps are for representational purposes only. Some boundaries are approximate and have been derived from estimated dwelling locations.
Refer to Washoe County Code, Chapter 50, Reno Municipal Code, Sparks Municipal Code:
- It is unlawful to discharge any gun, pistol, rifle, shotgun or other firearm within any congested area of the county.
- It is unlawful to discharge any gun, pistol, rifle, shotgun or other firearm in, on or across any county road or highway.
- It is unlawful to discharge in the unincorporated area of the county, any gun, pistol, rifle or other firearm, with the exception of shotguns, air rifles or B-B guns, within 5,000 feet of any dwelling occupied by another person or persons.
- It is unlawful to discharge in the unincorporated area of the county any shotgun, air rifle or B-B gun within 1,000 feet of any dwelling occupied by another person or persons.
Refer to NRS 503.175, NAC 407.105, and United States Code of Federal Regulations Title 36, Chapter II, Part 261,
- It is unlawful to discharge a firearm from, upon, over or across any federal or state highway or any county road or highway.
- It is unlawful to discharge a firearm within a Nevada State Park, unless otherwise designated by the Administrator.
- Within the jurisdiction of the U.S. Forest Service, it is prohibited to discharge a firearm in or within 150 yards of a residence, building, campsite, developed recreation site or occupied area, or across or on a National Forest System road or a body of water adjacent thereto, or in a manner or place whereby any person or property is exposed to injury or damage as a result in such discharge, or into or within any cave.
Live Map: https://gis.washoecounty.us/wrms/firearm
Congested Shooting Brochure: Click Here
Congested Shooting FAQ's: Click Here