- Administrative Bureau
- About the Administrative Bureau
- Administrative Division
- Administrative Services Division
- About the Administrative Services Division
- Field Services
- Records Section
- Bail Agent Registration
- Business License
- CARFAX Accident Reports
- Concealed Weapons Permits (CCW)
- Convicted Persons Registrations
- Criminal History Requests
- Embassy Letters
- Sex Offender/Crimes Against Children Registration
- Law Enforcement Officer Safety Act (LEOSA) - For Law Enforcement Personnel Only
- Marijuana Registration Card
- Photo Requests
- Service Charge Schedule
- Work Permits
- Case Requests
- Community Engagement
- Forensic Sciences Division
- Detention Bureau
- About the Detention Bureau
- Detention Operations Division
- Detention Services Division
- Operations Bureau
- About the Operations Bureau
- Patrol Division
- Special Operations Division
- Washoe County Sheriff's Office
Services for InmatesCommissary
The Commissary vendor stocks snack foods, writing papers, stamped envelopes, toiletries, over-the-counter medications, and art materials. Each Housing Unit receives commissary once a week. Orders can only be placed in-house by the inmate. You can put money on an inmates account via the internet:
The Medical Unit provides 24-hour health care for inmates. Dental care is available by appointment. Prescription medication is provided, as required.
The Washoe County Sheriff's contract medical provider NaphCare has setup a medical questions and concerns email address for families or medical professionals seeking to give or get information about inmates/patients. email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please use this to communicate information to the medical team for:
- Current medications
- Documented health conditions
- Pertinent health information (recent surgeries, f/u appts)
ANY URGENT matters please do not email, but call the Sheriff’s Office.
Exercise yards are available for each Housing Unit.
Inmates have access to books, games, legal forms and reference materials through Library Services and Washoe Legal Services. There is a Library Aid available on-site to assist with answering inmates library book requests with services funded by the Inmate Commissary Trust Fund.
The Washoe County Sheriff's Office has one full-time and one part-time Chaplain on-site. They are responsible for ensuring the spiritual care for all inmates by interfacing with other interfaith denominations. Religious materials are available upon request from the inmates. Various faith based organizations conduct study groups in the evenings and weekends.
Visitors are now able to conduct remote video visitations from your home, work, office or other remote location over the internet
The Sheriff's Office accepts email messages for inmates. Click on www.jailatm.com and follow the on-screen instructions to send an email to an inmate.
Community Resource Guide
Please click on the link below for a comprehensive guide to the services and resources in our community.