- Administrative Bureau
- About the Administrative Bureau
- Administrative Division
- Administrative Services Division
- About the Administrative Services Division
- Field Services
- Records Section
- Bail Agent Registration
- Business License
- CARFAX Accident Reports
- Case Requests
- Concealed Weapons Permits (CCW)
- Convicted Persons Registrations
- Criminal History Requests
- Embassy Letters
- Sex Offender/Crimes Against Children Registration
- Law Enforcement Officer Safety Act (LEOSA) - For Law Enforcement Personnel Only
- Marijuana Registration Card
- Photo Requests
- Service Charge Schedule
- Work Permits
- Community Engagement
- Forensic Sciences Division
- Detention Bureau
- About the Detention Bureau
- Detention Operations Division
- Detention Services Division
- Operations Bureau
- About the Operations Bureau
- Patrol Division
- Special Operations Division
- Washoe County Sheriff's Office
Illegal dumping is the dumping of any waste, whether it is oil, furniture, appliances, trash, litter or landscaping cuttings, etc., upon any public right-of-way, City/County property or private property, without the consent of the owner.
The Washoe County Sheriff's Office, Washoe County Health District, U.S. Forest Service and Bureau of Land Management conduct routine surveillance to apprehend any illegal dumpers.
Illegal Dumping Penalties:
- First offense within the immediately preceding 2 years: Misdemeanor.
- Second offense within the immediately preceding 2 years: Gross misdemeanor and shall be punished by imprisonment in the county jail for not less than 14 days but not more than 1 year
- Third or subsequent offense within the immediately preceding 2 years: Gross misdemeanor and shall be punished by imprisonment in the county jail for 1 year.
The Washoe County Sheriff’s Office encourages anyone who encounters an illegal dump site to report it.
If you observe illegal dumping in progress, please take down the following information and file a report using the link below.
- Date, time, and location of incident
- Description of items/materials being dumped
- Description of person(s) dumping
- Description of vehicle and license plate number
Report Illegal Dumping
Choose which Online Reporting System is appropriate
Did the incident occur in: