- Administrative Bureau
- About the Administrative Bureau
- Administrative Division
- Administrative Services Division
- About the Administrative Services Division
- Field Services
- Records Section
- Bail Agent Registration
- Business License
- CARFAX Accident Reports
- Case Requests
- Concealed Weapons Permits (CCW)
- Convicted Persons Registrations
- Criminal History Requests
- Embassy Letters
- Sex Offender/Crimes Against Children Registration
- Law Enforcement Officer Safety Act (LEOSA) - For Law Enforcement Personnel Only
- Marijuana Registration Card
- Photo Requests
- Service Charge Schedule
- Work Permits
- Community Engagement
- Forensic Sciences Division
- Detention Bureau
- About the Detention Bureau
- Detention Operations Division
- Detention Services Division
- Operations Bureau
- About the Operations Bureau
- Patrol Division
- Special Operations Division
- Washoe County Sheriff's Office
Shop with the Sheriff
What is Shop with the Sheriff?
Each year the Washoe County Sheriff’s Office and Honorary Deputy Sheriff’s Association partner to assist less fortunate youth in our community during the Holiday Season.
One night each year at a local Walmart, The "Shop with the Sheriff" event pairs children who are referred by local non-profit agencies and the Washoe County School District’s Homeless and Transition Program, with volunteers from the Sheriff's Office and the community for a once in a lifetime shopping trip where they can purchase items for themselves and/or members of their family. For the last two years, The Honorary Deputy Sheriff's Association has provided funding for 250 children to participate.
For more than 16 years the "Shop with the Sheriff" event has been a huge success due to the Honorary Deputy Sheriff’s Association and our countless partners and volunteers. Each child receives $200 to purchase items for themselves and/or members of their family.
Each selected non-profit, and applicable school, is limited to 25 eligible participants, so we ask that their priority be those children most critically in need. Also, only one child per family is allowed to participate each year with no duplications from year to year.
Agencies are asked to submit applications roughly six weeks prior to the event and children are selected on a first come first serve basis.
Volunteers are always welcome and may help throughout the event or choose a respective time to shop with a child. Children also get to take pictures with Santa, create a child ID, and enjoy some holiday treats.
If you have any questions please email us at: SO-OutreachPrograms@washoecounty.us.
Click the link to enjoy a special video: