- Administrative Bureau
- About the Administrative Bureau
- Administrative Division
- Administrative Services Division
- About the Administrative Services Division
- Field Services
- Records Section
- Bail Agent Registration
- Business License
- CARFAX Accident Reports
- Case Requests
- Concealed Weapons Permits (CCW)
- Convicted Persons Registrations
- Criminal History Requests
- Embassy Letters
- Sex Offender/Crimes Against Children Registration
- Law Enforcement Officer Safety Act (LEOSA) - For Law Enforcement Personnel Only
- Marijuana Registration Card
- Photo Requests
- Service Charge Schedule
- Work Permits
- Community Engagement
- Forensic Sciences Division
- Detention Bureau
- About the Detention Bureau
- Detention Operations Division
- Detention Services Division
- Operations Bureau
- About the Operations Bureau
- Patrol Division
- Special Operations Division
- Washoe County Sheriff's Office
- Two Dead, Two Injured in Accident at Moon Rocks
For Immediate Release
Two Dead, Two Injured in Accident at Moon Rocks
Washoe County Sheriff's Office
At approximately 7:30PM on Saturday, May 20, 2023, Washoe County Sheriff’s Office Deputies, Search & Rescue Team, and Detectives responded to the report of an accident involving a rock crawler in the vicinity of the Moon Rocks recreational area.
When Deputies and volunteers with the Specialized Vehicle Unit arrived, they found a vehicle that had rolled over while traversing extremely rugged terrain.
Two individuals were pronounced deceased at the scene, while two other individuals had suffered serious injuries (one a broken arm and the other a head injury) and were transported to Renown Regional Medical Center for treatment. Their condition is currently unknown.
Truckee Meadows Fire Protection District and the Bureau of Land Management also responded to this incident.
The Washoe County Sheriff's Office is dedicated to preserving a safe and secure community with professionalism, respect, integrity and the highest commitment to equality. Sheriff Darin Balaam is the 27th person elected to serve as the Sheriff of Washoe County since the Office was created in 1861. The Washoe County Sheriff's Office strives to ensure public safety by building trust and creating partnerships within the diverse communities in which we serve. We will promote the dignity of all people supported by our words and actions through open communication while fostering an environment of professionalism, integrity and mutual respect.