- Administrative Bureau
- About the Administrative Bureau
- Administrative Division
- Administrative Services Division
- About the Administrative Services Division
- Field Services
- Records Section
- Bail Agent Registration
- Business License
- CARFAX Accident Reports
- Case Requests
- Concealed Weapons Permits (CCW)
- Convicted Persons Registrations
- Criminal History Requests
- Embassy Letters
- Sex Offender/Crimes Against Children Registration
- Law Enforcement Officer Safety Act (LEOSA) - For Law Enforcement Personnel Only
- Marijuana Registration Card
- Photo Requests
- Fee Schedule
- Work Permits
- Community Engagement
- Forensic Sciences Division
- Detention Bureau
- About the Detention Bureau
- Detention Operations Division
- Detention Services Division
- Operations Bureau
- About the Operations Bureau
- Patrol Division
- Special Operations Division
- Washoe County Sheriff's Office
For Immediate Release
Operation Hocus Pocus Concludes with over 230 Sex Offenders Contacted and 2 Felony Arrests.
Washoe County Sheriff's Office
Operation Hocus Pocus, conducted October 24-30, 2022, by The Regional Sex Offender Notification Unit and The Nevada State Police Parole and Probation, concluded with the homes of 236 Registered Sex Offenders being verified as compliant.
2 Sex Offenders were arrested on Felony charges.
The goal of Operation Hocus Pocus was to conduct an increased amount of Home Verification checks on registered sex offenders prior to the night of trick or treating.
The increased amount of Home Verification checks is to ensure compliance and serve as a reminder for families to be safe the week of Halloween.
The Washoe County Sheriff's Office is dedicated to preserving a safe and secure community with professionalism, respect, integrity and the highest commitment to equality. Sheriff Darin Balaam is the 27th person elected to serve as the Sheriff of Washoe County since the Office was created in 1861. The Washoe County Sheriff's Office strives to ensure public safety by building trust and creating partnerships within the diverse communities in which we serve. We will promote the dignity of all people supported by our words and actions through open communication while fostering an environment of professionalism, integrity and mutual respect.