- Administrative Bureau
- About the Administrative Bureau
- Administrative Division
- Administrative Services Division
- About the Administrative Services Division
- Field Services
- Records Section
- Bail Agent Registration
- Business License
- CARFAX Accident Reports
- Case Requests
- Concealed Weapons Permits (CCW)
- Convicted Persons Registrations
- Criminal History Requests
- Embassy Letters
- Sex Offender/Crimes Against Children Registration
- Law Enforcement Officer Safety Act (LEOSA) - For Law Enforcement Personnel Only
- Marijuana Registration Card
- Photo Requests
- Service Charge Schedule
- Work Permits
- Community Engagement
- Forensic Sciences Division
- Detention Bureau
- About the Detention Bureau
- Detention Operations Division
- Detention Services Division
- Operations Bureau
- About the Operations Bureau
- Patrol Division
- Special Operations Division
- Washoe County Sheriff's Office
For Immediate Release
Washoe County Sheriff’s Office Detectives seek public’s help in Sun Valley shooting
Washoe County Sheriff's Office
Washoe County Sheriff’s Office Detectives are seeking the public’s help in a late-night shooting which occurred February 21, 2021.
Just before 11 o’clock that evening, seven people were in a residence on Braxton Circle when bullets started piercing the structure’s exterior and interior.
Patrol deputies arrived to find a 43-year-old woman who was shot while sleeping in a bed. Deputies provided immediate first aid for non-life-threatening injuries. She was transported to an area hospital and has since been released.
Detectives located nearly two-dozen large-caliber rifle casings in the cul-de-sac.
At this time there is no suspect(s) description and there is no description of the getaway vehicle.
Preliminary findings indicate this could be gang related; however, it does not appear the victims have gang ties.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Washoe County Sheriff's Office Detective Division at (775) 328-3320 or Secret Witness at (775) 322-4900. You may also email email@example.com. Refer to case #WC21-793.
The Washoe County Sheriff's Office is dedicated to preserving a safe and secure community with professionalism, respect, integrity and the highest commitment to equality. Sheriff Darin Balaam is the 27th person elected to serve as the Sheriff of Washoe County since the Office was created in 1861. The Washoe County Sheriff's Office strives to ensure public safety by building trust and creating partnerships within the diverse communities in which we serve. We will promote the dignity of all people supported by our words and actions through open communication while fostering an environment of professionalism, integrity and mutual respect.