- Administrative Bureau
- About the Administrative Bureau
- Administrative Division
- Administrative Services Division
- About the Administrative Services Division
- Field Services
- Records Section
- Bail Agent Registration
- Business License
- CARFAX Accident Reports
- Case Requests
- Concealed Weapons Permits (CCW)
- Convicted Persons Registrations
- Criminal History Requests
- Embassy Letters
- Sex Offender/Crimes Against Children Registration
- Law Enforcement Officer Safety Act (LEOSA) - For Law Enforcement Personnel Only
- Marijuana Registration Card
- Photo Requests
- Service Charge Schedule
- Work Permits
- Community Engagement
- Forensic Sciences Division
- Detention Bureau
- About the Detention Bureau
- Detention Operations Division
- Detention Services Division
- Operations Bureau
- About the Operations Bureau
- Patrol Division
- Special Operations Division
- Washoe County Sheriff's Office
For Immediate Release
Washoe County Sheriff’s Office detectives locate, arrest man sought in multiple child sex crimes cases thanks to Secret Witness tips
Washoe County Sheriff's Office
Detectives with the Washoe County Sheriff’s Office have arrested 18-year-old Cody Stauffenberg on five felony counts of sex crimes against a child. His victim is 12 years old.
On December 11, 2020 the Washoe County Sheriff’s Office sought the public’s help in finding Stauffenberg, as he was identified as the prime suspect in multiple child sex crimes.
After that public request was made, multiple tips to Secret Witness provided intelligence which led to Stauffenberg’s location late December 21, 2020. In partnership with the US Marshals Service (USMS) and the Regional Crime Suppression Unit (RCSU), Stauffenberg was taken into custody in Reno.
Stauffenberg is charged with two counts of sexual assault against a child under 14, and three counts of lewdness with a child under 14.
Stauffenberg is known to associate with multiple female juveniles between the ages of 11-13. The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information is asked to contact the Washoe County Sheriff’s Office Detective Division at (775) 328-3320 or Secret Witness at (775) 322-4900. Reference case number: WC20-4563.
The Washoe County Sheriff's Office is dedicated to preserving a safe and secure community with professionalism, respect, integrity and the highest commitment to equality. Sheriff Darin Balaam is the 27th person elected to serve as the Sheriff of Washoe County since the Office was created in 1861. The Washoe County Sheriff's Office strives to ensure public safety by building trust and creating partnerships within the diverse communities in which we serve. We will promote the dignity of all people supported by our words and actions through open communication while fostering an environment of professionalism, integrity and mutual respect.