- Administrative Bureau
- About the Administrative Bureau
- Administrative Division
- Administrative Services Division
- About the Administrative Services Division
- Field Services
- Records Section
- Bail Agent Registration
- Business License
- CARFAX Accident Reports
- Case Requests
- Concealed Weapons Permits (CCW)
- Convicted Persons Registrations
- Criminal History Requests
- Embassy Letters
- Sex Offender/Crimes Against Children Registration
- Law Enforcement Officer Safety Act (LEOSA) - For Law Enforcement Personnel Only
- Marijuana Registration Card
- Photo Requests
- Service Charge Schedule
- Work Permits
- Community Engagement
- Forensic Sciences Division
- Detention Bureau
- About the Detention Bureau
- Detention Operations Division
- Detention Services Division
- Operations Bureau
- About the Operations Bureau
- Patrol Division
- Special Operations Division
- Washoe County Sheriff's Office
For Immediate Release
Man charged with open murder in incident which shut down Mount Rose Highway
Washoe County Sheriff's Office
Washoe County Sheriff’s Office detectives today charged Alexandrew Vail, 26, of Kings Beach with open murder in the homicide of 27-year-old Emily Giudici of Sparks.
Vail has been in the Washoe County Sheriff’s Office Detention Facility since September 15, 2020 booked on Driving Under the Influence and Driving Without a Driver’s License in relation to a single vehicle crash on Mount Rose Highway earlier that day.
An off-duty deputy came upon the crash shortly after 2:00 a.m. while driving home from work. When the deputy arrived on scene, he immediately began performing lifesaving measures on Giudici, who was initially found outside the vehicle.
The subsequent death investigation completely closed Mount Rose Highway until 8:00 a.m.
The Washoe County Sheriff's Office is dedicated to preserving a safe and secure community with professionalism, respect, integrity and the highest commitment to equality. Sheriff Darin Balaam is the 27th person elected to serve as the Sheriff of Washoe County since the Office was created in 1861. The Washoe County Sheriff's Office strives to ensure public safety by building trust and creating partnerships within the diverse communities in which we serve. We will promote the dignity of all people supported by our words and actions through open communication while fostering an environment of professionalism, integrity and mutual respect.