- Administrative Bureau
- About the Administrative Bureau
- Administrative Division
- Administrative Services Division
- About the Administrative Services Division
- Field Services
- Records Section
- Bail Agent Registration
- Business License
- CARFAX Accident Reports
- Case Requests
- Concealed Weapons Permits (CCW)
- Convicted Persons Registrations
- Criminal History Requests
- Embassy Letters
- Sex Offender/Crimes Against Children Registration
- Law Enforcement Officer Safety Act (LEOSA) - For Law Enforcement Personnel Only
- Marijuana Registration Card
- Photo Requests
- Service Charge Schedule
- Work Permits
- Community Engagement
- Forensic Sciences Division
- Detention Bureau
- About the Detention Bureau
- Detention Operations Division
- Detention Services Division
- Operations Bureau
- About the Operations Bureau
- Patrol Division
- Special Operations Division
- Washoe County Sheriff's Office
For Immediate Release
|Date Issued:||Oct 02, 2020 - 11:08am|
Man indicted for thousands of child pornography downloads in Northern Nevada Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force case
911 Parr Blvd
Reno, NV. 89512
Dale John Jamieson (DOB 10/18/1994) has been indicted by a grand jury on receipt of child pornography and possession of child pornography.
Case detectives with the Northern Nevada Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force (which includes detectives from Sparks Police Department, Washoe County Sheriff's Office, Reno Police Department, Federal Bureau of Investigations, the Nevada Attorney General's Office, and the U.S. Attorney's Office) had been investigating the case since August of 2019. They served a search warrant on Jamieson's residence in November after an extensive operation targeting the downloading and sharing of child pornography.
Jamieson had more than 10,000 images and videos on his devices.
Because of COVID-19 delays, a grand jury didn't hear the case until September 3, 2020. The grand jury returned the indictment that same day.
Jamieson is awaiting trial in the United States District Court for the District of Nevada in late 2020.
The Washoe County Sheriff's Office is dedicated to preserving a safe and secure community with professionalism, respect, integrity and the highest commitment to equality. Sheriff Darin Balaam is the 27th person elected to serve as the Sheriff of Washoe County since the Office was created in 1861. The Washoe County Sheriff's Office strives to ensure public safety by building trust and creating partnerships within the diverse communities in which we serve. We will promote the dignity of all people supported by our words and actions through open communication while fostering an environment of professionalism, integrity and mutual respect.