- Administrative Bureau
- About the Administrative Bureau
- Administrative Division
- Administrative Services Division
- About the Administrative Services Division
- Field Services
- Records Section
- Bail Agent Registration
- Business License
- CARFAX Accident Reports
- Case Requests
- Concealed Weapons Permits (CCW)
- Convicted Persons Registrations
- Criminal History Requests
- Embassy Letters
- Sex Offender/Crimes Against Children Registration
- Law Enforcement Officer Safety Act (LEOSA) - For Law Enforcement Personnel Only
- Marijuana Registration Card
- Photo Requests
- Service Charge Schedule
- Work Permits
- Community Engagement
- Forensic Sciences Division
- Detention Bureau
- About the Detention Bureau
- Detention Operations Division
- Detention Services Division
- Operations Bureau
- About the Operations Bureau
- Patrol Division
- Special Operations Division
- Washoe County Sheriff's Office
Vehicle Burglaries: Take ConTRoL! Don't allow yourself to be a victim of vehicle burglaries!
Don’t allow yourself to be a victim of Vehicle Burglaries!
CLEAN it out – remove all valuables from your vehicle
TAKE your keys with you. Don’t leave your car running.
REPORT suspicious activity or persons.
LOCK your doors every time!
Vehicle burglaries are rapidly becoming one of the most common, yet most preventable crimes in northern Nevada. Vehicle thieves are opportunists. They “shop” in neighborhoods, shopping malls, recreation areas/parks, and more. Some pull on door handles, looking for an unlocked door while others break in after they “window shop,” looking for electronics, money or valuables that are left in plain view.
Remember, you have ConTRoL! By following these four steps you can significantly reduce your risk of becoming a victim of vehicle theft.