Northern Nevada Interdiction Task Force
National HIDTA Program Mission Statement
The mission of the High Intensity Drug Trafficking Areas (HIDTA) Program is to disrupt the market for illegal drugs in the United States by assisting federal, state, and local law enforcement entities participating in the HIDTA program to dismantle and disrupt drug trafficking organizations, with particular emphasis on drug trafficking regions that have harmful effects on other parts of the United States.
Nevada HIDTA Mission Statement
Measurably reduce drug trafficking through Intelligence driven task forces, thereby reducing the impact of illicit drugs in this and other areas of the country. The specific goals of this HIDTA are to:
- Reduce drug availability by disrupting/dismantling drug trafficking organizations.
- Measurably reduce methamphetamine manufacturing and distribution.
- Reduce the harmful consequences of drug trafficking.
- Improve the efficiency and effectiveness of law enforcement organizations and their efforts.
- Measurably reduce drug-related crime.
- Establish a multi-agency drug intelligence network within the HIDTA region.