Main Phone: (775) 328-3023
Permit Section Hours:
Monday - Tuesday - Thursday - Friday
7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Requesting persons must provide one of the following types of personal identification in order to obtain any permit or registration offered through the Records Section:
- Valid Driver's License
- State-issued Identification Card
- Current U.S. issued passport
This service is provided to residents of Washoe County who are leaving the U. S. for employment, etc. The request for an Embassy Letter must be made in writing. We will accept hand delivered or faxed requests. If the request is faxed to the Sheriff’s Office, it must include a photo copy of one of the required identification listed above.
The request must include:
- Requestor's full name
- Any other names used in the past i.e. maiden or previous married names
- Requestor’s date of birth
- Requestor’s social security number
- $10 Fee
Responses can take up to 10 days.