Criminal History Requests
Shirley Cosmos, Chief Records Clerk
Main Phone: (775) 328-3017
- Applicants requesting a Criminal History must print and complete the Criminal History Request Form. PDF
- You may bring the form to the Washoe County Sheriff’s Office, Records Section, or you may mail it to the Records Section at 911 Parr Blvd, Reno, NV 89512.
- You must provide a self-addressed, stamped return envelope
- The service charge is $10.00/$25.00 and there may be additional charges for extensive histories.
- If you mail the form to the Records Section, you must include either a money order or a cashier’s check for the service charge.
- Your request may take up to 10 days for completion (longer if the criminal history information is extensive).
CRIMINAL HISTORY REQUESTS FOR YOURSELF:
- All Washoe County Sheriff's Office arrests and/or bookings for the past 10 years will be provided.
- A disposition on all WCSO arrests will be provided if available. If a disposition is unavailable, it is your responsibility to contact the court of jurisdiction for that information. We do not contact the court for you.
CRIMINAL HISTORY REQUESTS FOR OTHER PERSONS:
Only Washoe County arrests resulting in a conviction will be provided in accordance with NRS 179A. Signed authorization or other restrictions may apply. Please contact our office at 328-3017 for specific information.
IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO CONTACT RENO POLICE DEPARTMENT, SPARKS POLICE DEPARTMENT AND THE NEVADA HIGHWAY PATROL TO ENSURE YOU ARE RECEIVING A COMPLETE CRIMINAL HISTORY IN WASHOE COUNTY.